The MoorNet research and development project supports the German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMUV) and the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation (BfN) in implementing the National Peatland Protection Strategy. Among other things, this includes ensuring networking of the multitude of different actors, sectors, levels of action and projects through targeted communication and appropriate event management. In addition, the project is to identify new findings, research and action needs in the field of peatland protection through cross-sectional evaluations. Specifically, the following activities are planned:
- Design and development of a peatland protection database and comprehensive identification of various projects and actors in the field of peatland protection,
- Creation of an online research portal to provide technical support for the implementation of the National Peatland Protection Strategy,
- Development of addressee-oriented communication products to address different actors, sectors, levels of action and projects as well as advice on peatland protection communication,
- Conception, planning and implementation of suitable events, e.g. status colloquia and topic-related workshops, and
- Elaboration of new findings, research and action needs as well as topics to be addressed in events based on cross-sectional evaluations and surveys.
The project is conducted on behalf of:
The project is implemented by:
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about the MoorNet project: Contact form
If you would like to receive regular updates about MoorNet, you can subscribe to our MoorNet mailing list.